Hope everyone is having a spooktacular holiday and enjoying lots and lots of chocolates!!
I will be spending the night in with Marisha Pessl’s Night Film and a scary film (if the wonderful husband permits it! lol)
Stay safe this holiday and keep your pets indoors!
p.s. I was watching Marilyn yesterday (I know, I am kind of an old lady sometimes..) and she had a chef on who was cooking with Pumpkin.. She made this delicious looking Pumpkin Mac & Cheese that I absolutely need to try! mmmmmmmmm!
Pumpkin Macaroni and Cheese Ingredients:
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 cups milk
- ½ tsp pepper
- dash nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 ¼ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make elbow macaroni according to instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium size saucepan melt your butter over low-medium heat. Stir in flour and continue to stir until smooth.
- Stir in milk and bring to a simmer. Continue to stir for 1 minute until it’s thickened. Remove from heat.
- Stir in pepper, nutmeg and mustard.
- Add in pumpkin puree and 2 cups of shredded cheese, stirring until cheese is completely melted.
- Add macaroni to cheese mixture and stir until it’s all coated then pour into baking dish.
- Top with 1/4 cup remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
What are your favourite holiday/Fall meals?!