This is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Here is a list of the Top Ten books I was told by friends that I ABSOLUTELY NEED TO READ!
1. Anything by Jane Austen. I apparently have been missing out..and I totally agree! I’ve been meaning to pick up a book by her but others have gotten in the way. I hope to fix that soon!
2. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. I have the first couple of book collecting dust on my shelves. I’m told it is a pretty good series. I love series’ so maybe I should get around to reading it!
3. Uglies by Scott Westerfeld. Again, a series I am told is super good. I WANT to read this!
4. The Selection by Kiera Cass. I had no interest in reading this even after having heard it was good..but I am kind of curious now.
5. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. Not sure if I ever will read this. Doesn’t peak my interest.
6. Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien. Ditto what I said about The Hobbit.
7. The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis. This is apparently one of those “everyone must read” books. I do want to read these!
8. Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card. A co-worker was raving about this book. I am mildly curious!
9. The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan. This is another one that a lot have said I must read. I may get around to it one day.
10. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. With the movie coming out last year this is one series I was told over and over to pick up. I have the first book sitting on my shelves…maybe I will pick it up soon.
Any thoughts on these books? What is your Top Ten?